Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya and Vallter SA (hereinafter referred to jointly as FGC) guarantee the confidentiality of the personal data provided through this website in the terms established by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation) and Act 3/2018, of 5 December, on personal data protection and the guarantee of digital rights (LOPD-GDD), as the necessary and adequate security measures for the risks associated to the processing have been implemented.
The controllers of the processing of the data subject’s data are
- Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, with registered office in Barcelona, 08017, C. dels Vergós, 44, and with Tax Identification Number Q0801576J.
- Vallter SA, with registered office in Setcases (Girona), 17869, Pla de Morens, s/n, and with Tax Identification Number A17015165.
Contact information of the Data Protection Officer (DPO): email@example.com
II. Purpose for which your personal data are processed
The data subject is hereby informed that the personal data provided will be processed for the following purposes:
- In the case of data of users of the FGC PERSONES USUÀRIES platform, the main purpose is to manage registration, access, modification and de-registration as a user of the FGC PERSONES USUÀRIES platform. Specifically, this purpose consists of:
- Processing the personal data of users, including the value-added data which will help to know the user better (with regard to his or her habits and interests) and to classify him or her.
This purpose entails drawing up a user profile that consists of classifying and qualifying data subjects according to the value-added data they have provided (post code of residence, family composition, general transport use, transport combination, type of ticket and frequency of use, reason for use, interests). This will allow data subjects to receive personalized information on the different services that FGC can offer them.
- Managing informative or commercial communications from FGC that the user wishes to receive.
- Managing the personalized alert service so that the user is notified of incidents involving lines and stations in real time.
FGC may use certain connection and location data provided by the User’s mobile device (IP address, SIM card data and Wi-Fi connection data, the platform or latitude/longitude).
This purpose entails drawing up a user profile that consists of classifying data subjects according to transport affinities and preferences (favourite places, routes, lines and stops). For this purpose, FGC will draw up a profile taking into account the preferences indicated by the user and the data provided by his or her terminal such as geographic co-ordinates. This will allow data subjects to receive information affecting them as accurately as possible, find nearby public transport solutions and enjoy improvements in the services offered by FGC thanks to the information provided.
- Managing the user loyalty plan for users who have activated the personalized alert service.
- Sending notices of promotional campaigns for the activities carried out by FGC, especially the activities carried out at the FGC ski resorts (La Molina, Vallter 2000, Vall de Núria, Espot and Port Ainé), the Montserrat and Vall de Núria rack railways, the tourist trains (Lake Train, Cement Train) the Observation of the Universe Centre, and at any other facility that FGC may manage in the future.
- Sending communications to the user aimed at finding data subjects’ rating of and satisfaction with the products acquired or the services provided by FGC.
- To respond to queries, complaints, claims or suggestions made through our website, for the purpose of replying to them.
- To record their e-mail address to receive the newsletter we send out to our customers on a regular basis, if they authorize us to do so.
- To preserve the security of users and FGC personnel, and of the property and assets of FGC. For this reason we have surveillance cameras that record images and also voice in some cases in all our facilities, including corporate buildings, workshops, warehouses, train stations and carriages, lifts, access areas, at ski resorts and the facilities of the Observation of the Universe Centre.
- To manage their CV.
- Management of the different tickets granting access to the facilities ( (Platform and Accompanying tickets: T-Andana, T-Acompanyament).
- Management of the record of entry to our facilities.
- Management of the different concession tickets and cards (Pensioner card, T-16, T-Aturat).
- Management of penalty fares.
III. Legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing the personal data of uses for the purposes indicated in a), b), c), e) and g) above is the data subject’s prior and unequivocal consent.
The legal basis for processing the personal data of users for the purposes indicated in d) and i) above is the performance of a task in the public interest.
The legal basis for processing the personal data of users for the purposes indicated in f) and h) above is the performance of the contract to which the user is a party.
IV. Term of retention of your data
Your data will be stored for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the data were provided. However, FGC will apply special retention terms in the following cases:
- Queries, Complaints or Suggestions: will be stored for the legally possible minimum time, although personal data provided in Queries and Suggestions will be destroyed after six months.
- For Newsletter subscribers: three months after de-registering, the e-mail data will be partially erased (dissociation) for statistical control purposes.
- Video surveillance data: will be stored for a maximum of 30 days unless such data have to be made available to Law Enforcement agencies and courts.
- CVs: will be stored for 12 months for FGC Rail activity and 24 months in the case of the Tourism and Mountain activity.
V. Assignment of your data
To achieve the above purposes, regarding the assignment of user’s personal data:
- Personal data relating to penalty fares may be assigned to the Department of Territory and Sustainability of the Catalan government in the cases established by law.
- The data on Query forms are not delivered to any external party and are processed internally by FGC.
- Personal data may be assigned to collaborating entities in order to manage and fulfil commitments deriving from competitions and promotions in which the user takes part.
- Personal data of Newsletter subscribers will not be assigned. Data will be processed by a third company which handles the sending of the Newsletter, with which a service agreement as Processor has been formalized.
- Personal data may be assigned to Public Administrations in cases in which this is required in accordance with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions in each case and, if appropriate, also to other bodies such as Law Enforcement agencies and courts.
No data transfer to third countries takes place.
VI. Your rights in relation to the data
In accordance with the rights granted by ruling legislation on personal data protection, FGC hereby informs the user that he or she is entitled to exercise the rights of access, rectification, objection, erasure, portability and restriction of processing the personal data obtained by FGC.
These rights may be exercised free of charge by the user, and if appropriate by his or her representative, by sending a signed, written request to the following address: C. dels Vergós, 44, 08017, Barcelona (for the attention of the Data Protection Officer) or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating as subject: “Exercise of GDPR rights”. The request must include: the forename and surname of the user, address for notice purposes, a photocopy of the user’s national identity document or passport and the specific request.
The right of rectification may also be exercised by the user by accessing “My profile” in the FGC PERSONES USUÀRIES platform.
Exercising the right of erasure will necessarily entail de-registration from the FGC PERSONES USUÀRIES platform and will render null and void any promotional activity or prize draw in which the user is participating.
In addition to the above rights, the data subject will be entitled to withdraw consent at any time, and this action will not affect the lawfulness of the prior processing.
FGC reminds users that they are entitled at all times to submit a complaint to the Catalan Data Protection Authority (Autoritat Catalana de Protecció de Dades – www.apdcat.gencat.cat) in relation to the processing of their personal data at any time.
Users are responsible for the veracity of their data and undertake not to enter false data and to modify such data if necessary.